Standing Up for Ukrainian HeritageOn May 10, 2013 by admin
“This holiday was created by the Soviet dictator Leonid Brezhnev, but it was certainly not celebrated by Ukrainians as the end of World War II set off the Soviet reign of terror and domination,”
Many have expressed shock and outrage regarding the recent statement issued by the Liberals.
“The Soviets tried to crush Ukrainian culture, historical memory and aspirations of self-determination, and subjected them to starvation, mass arrest, execution and deportation to the Gulag. This was certainly no victory”.
Demanding an apology from the leader of the Liberal Party, Justin Trudeau, for his party’s deeply insensitive statement, and also from the Liberal critic for multiculturalism, Jim Karygiannis, who added further insult to the matter in the House yesterday, referring to Ukraine as “the Ukraine” as if it were a Russian province.
- Government of Canada invests in projects to support Canadian seniors
- Standing Up for Ukrainian Heritage
- Government creates new jobs for Canadian youth in Etobicoke – Lakeshore
- Government of Canada reforms the Temporary Foreign Worker Program
- Government of Canada invests in seniors’ projects in Etobicoke-Lakeshore